Common Consolidated Corporate Tax Base (CCCTB): Public Consultation
From the EC website:
“Consultation on the Re-launch of the Common Consolidated Corporate Tax Base (CCCTB) […] From 08.10.2015 to 08.01.2016 […]
The Commission expects to gather views in particular on the following:
- To what extent the CCCTB could function as an effective tool against aggressive tax planning, without compromising its initial objective of making the Single Market a more business-friendly environment.
- Which criteria should determine the companies that will be subject to the rules of a mandatory CCTB/CCCTB. Whether non-qualifying companies should still be given the possibility to opt for applying the common rules.
- Whether a ‘staged’ approach, whereby priority will be given to agreeing the tax base before moving to consolidation, would be a preferable way forward.
- Whether, in the short-term, it would be useful to agree common rules for implementing certain international BEPS-related aspects of the common tax base based on the current proposal until the Commission adopts the new (revised) CCTB/CCCTB proposal.
- How the debt bias issue should be addressed.
- Which types of rules would best foster R&D activity.
- Whether a cross-border loss relief mechanism aimed to balance out the absence of the benefits of consolidation during the first step (CCTB) could help in keeping the business in the CCCTB.”
The consultation document is available here.
To participate, go here.
The convergence of DRTP Consulting’s tax, accounting and economics expertise makes a difference. The information in this blog post is general information only. Data and information come from sources believed to be reliable but complete accuracy cannot be guaranteed. DRTP Consulting Inc. or the author are not responsible or liable for any error, omission or inaccuracy in such information. The opinions expressed in this blogpost are those of the author. Readers should seek advice and counsel from DRTP Consulting Inc. as required.