The US Department of the Treasury has recently released its proposed revisions to its Model Tax Convention.
These changes are worth the read since they show the US hand on various BEPS-related issues relevant to actions #2, 4, 5, 6, and 7, among others.
Here are the 2015 proposed revisions to the US Model Tax Convention:
- Proposed Treaty Rule Addressing So-Called “Exempt Permanent Establishments”
- Proposed Treasury Rules Addressing Payment by “Expatriated Entities”
- Proposed Treaty Rules Addressing “Special Tax Regimes”
- Proposed Limitation on Benefits Article
- Proposed Article Addressing Subsequent Changes in Law
Visit DRTP’s resources page on the USA for more information here.
DRTP Consulting Inc. solutions go beyond transfer pricing and international tax solutions. The information in this blog post is general information only. Data and information come from sources believed to be reliable but complete accuracy cannot be guaranteed. DRTP Consulting Inc. or the author are not responsible or liable for any error, omission or inaccuracy in such information. The opinions expressed in this blogpost are those of the author. Readers should seek advice and counsel from DRTP Consulting Inc. as required.
- Posted by Robert Robillard
- On 16 July 2015
- 0 Comments
- Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS), BEPS, LOB rules, Permanent establishment, Proposed Revisions to US Model Tax Convention